new dwellings, extensions, agricultural and commercial
- Drawings prepared and applications for submission for
- Site supervision
- Project management
- Stage payment
- Pre purchase Engineers report
- General surveying
- Land registry mapping.
- Preparation of fire certificates
- Preparation of Disability access certificates
- Disability auditing
- Site assessments and percolation tests in accordance with EPA
- Mechanical, electrical and construction drawings.
- Certificate of Compliance’s
- Preparation of snag lists for new dwellings.
- Preparation of drawings for renewal of public house licence
- Certification of buildings in accordance with 2013 Building Control Regulations S.I.80/2013.
Building surveyors provide professional advice
on property and construction, which spans across residential, commercial,
industrial, leisure and agriculture projects. They work on the design and
development of new buildings as well as the restoration and maintenance of
existing ones. This is a very wide field and may include advising on various
aspects of buildings at different stages. They can take on the role of Design and Assigned Certifiers under the
S.I.9. Building Control (Amendment) Regulations. Building surveyors often work on
preventative measures to keep buildings in good condition and look for ways to
make buildings sustainable. The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland is the leading
professional body and the administers
for the register of Chartered Building Surveyors as named in the Building Control
There are approx.
280 Registered Building Surveyors in Ireland and the list is
available here: SCSI Public Register